Monday, October 25, 2010

Still life

That really is dust on my camera! I noticed that I was not myself. Not quite able to put a finger on it. Was I a little depress that my son had left our home and the dynamics had changed. Yes, I'm sure a bit...but something else....what is it.....IT was a stuttering heart attack. I had a heart attack over a six day period. The only symptom was a bit of discomfort in the middle of my chest. When it wouldn't go away I was encourage to go to urgent care...and this is when my life took a spin! I was told that I was having a heart attack and rushed into surgery. I am now trying to get a bit of life back however the meds are knocking me for a loop. I feel blessed to be alive as family history has not been kind to our family. I was surprised as I have never been healthier than this time of my life......so all you woman out there remember....we do not have the usual signs of a heart attack....seek attention for those simple pains...better safe than not. Now I'm working on getting the meds changed so I don't feel like I'm dragging an anchor....soon to me my joyful self again!!!!

Joy..............always

3 comments:

  1. Oh Joy, I have been seriously wondering if you were Ok?! I almost came this morning to email you and ask since it had been so long since you posted. You poor but seriously blessed thing! Blessed because you are still here and you had a chance to get to surgery. (Don't know if you remember or if you even would have ever read on my blog that my first husband died from a heart attack on our treadmill at the age of 38)
    I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy,
    I am so sorry to hear of your trouble but so relieved to learn that you are on the road to recovery! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!
    Take care,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checking in on you...how are you?!?!

    ReplyDelete