Sunday, May 30, 2010

Not the Paris of my dreams

Parris Island bound....My son Drew goes to Marine boot camp June 1st. He wants to serve his country....no amount of talking from mom and dad could sway him. I am very proud of him, I must say.


photo A heart in Provence

I will find calm in my beliefs that all is for the good of God.I will tend my garden and think good thoughts. I will write him letters to tell him he is missed, and yes there will be some tears.....



Joy.........................always

4 comments:

  1. Oh Joy! I understand your feelings. Sending you a huge hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your son for the responsibilities that he has chosen. Our freedoms are directly linked to the honor of those just like your son. Of course you are proud! I am so grateful for his desire to serve our country. Know that I am praying for your son and all the sons who are serving so that we may all be free and blessed.

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do understand how you feel, at least I think I do. I haven't had a child go off to boot camp yet. But, please know that I am proud of him too and grateful. And, I truly, truly mean that! I will pray for him also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't EVEN believe that is Drew! This is Sue, Country Roads, and all I remember is that little red headed boy!! Wow, where did the time go? It's gotta be tough having your son go to boot camp, but it seems he's doing it for all the right reasons. Hope all is well with you.

    Take care, Sue

    ReplyDelete