Thursday, November 12, 2009

I am painting again..

My soul aches to paint. We have lived in this home for 5 years. I have not had an easel in all those years. My husband had gifted me withan easel in California. Some how it did not make the cut when we moved to North Carolina. I have longed for an easel, but gave way to tools of a jeweler instead. I bought a small easel at an estate sale,from an artist. He used it in his travels. I saw it as a perfect fit for my limited space in my studio. My heart ponders after a much larger easel...an so it will be some day. I am painting three small 8x8 pictures for a friends nursery. She is a quite spirit and I am minding my Ps&Qs with choice of content. She is dressing the nursery in Pottery Barn gingham. So some sweet little letter blocks will fit right in. For me it is not the subject, it is the act of painting again that feeds my soul.
Here is a peak at what has begun


Here is a peak at where my artist brain goes...you can see why I might need a little reeling in. This is a mixed media piece that hangs in my studio. It was Halloween a few years ago. The woman pictures is someone I work with. I asked if I could shoot some pictures,she agreed. Of course I don't think she had any idea that I would drag her into the mechanics area for atmosphere! There really is no telling the lengths I will go to for the right shot....just no cliff hanging for this girl!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about a "need" to paint...I sometimes have the need to make something crafty, whatever it is, just some hand work...it's a great therapy and waaaaayyyyy cheaper and waayyyy funner than the gym! Love that Halloween piece! Has she seen it?

    ReplyDelete